Fix that flat into a comfy chair.
Store more in these outdoor seats!
Caroline Miller / Via BuzzFeed
200 ft / 60 m of rope
Industrial strength glue
2 wooden circles (17 in / 43 cm, and 15 in / 38cm)
Foam of desired thickness
Outdoor furniture fabric
- Wash tire thoroughly with how soapy water.
- Start hot gluing the rope to the top rim of the tire, and coil it down to completely cover the surface.
- Flip the tire over, and use industrial strength glue to attach the larger wooden board to the bottom.
- Let dry overnight.
- In the meantime, create the top cushion by cutting the piece of foam to size, and glueing to the smaller piece of wood.
- Secure the outdoor fabric to the wood piece by stapling a small section at a time around the edges. Trim the excess fabric.
- If desired, create a “tufting” effect on the cushion surface with your staple gun by creating an “X” with staples, and covering it with a button.
- Your tire seat is now complete, and is great for storing backyard toys, gardening tools, or pool supplies! Enjoy!
View Video ›
View Entire List ›